Travel with the RollerCoasterRider to the secluded island of Ithaca, squeezed between Kefalonia and the mainland of Greece. Ithaca, is one of the smallest in the Ionian island constellation that is radiating with Grecian authenticity. It’s shores play host to a long Homeric and mythical history whose many mysteries are sensed amongst animated panorama and secretive coves. Let’s celebrate the Summer of 2018.
The Retreat Location
Itha108 is a Grecian island retreat set in a place of outstanding natural beauty, providing a space specifically for peace, relaxation and practice.
Overlooking the sea and the eastern coastline of neighbouring Kefalonia from an elevated wilderness of olive trees and exposed rocks that provide the elements around which it is built, allowing its natural beauty to speak for itself. An emphasis on indoor-outdoor living ensures full use of the land and its treasures that extend to sweeping and hidden beaches below.
You will be staying in Itha 108 which sleeps twenty across varied accommodation; six luxury double bedrooms in the main house and three Mongolian yurts that are staggered up between rocks, forestry and winding walkways. The many social and quiet spaces allow guests to enjoy the landscape and relax.
Daily morning pranayama (breathing exercises) and Ashtanga yoga will energise you for the rest of the day. In the evenings we conclude the day with a gentle yin yoga session to bring back the lunar (ida) energy. During the week we’ll go down to one of the three beaches to have a fun beach yoga session and maybe even add in some partner or acro yoga.
Ashtanga typicaly appeals to the ambitious person that likes to set high goals. The powerful sequence of the primary series is suitable for all levels. While beginners will be taught to practice modified poses suited to their individual level, the more advanced yogi can count on hands on adjustments to deepen their practice. The intimate retreat class size allows the teacher to give personalised attention.
Your yoga teacher and retreat leader is RollerCoasterRider Tara Ubachs, world citizen with Indian roots and is a 500 RYT (Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher) with decades of diverse life experiences under her belt; among others as ambitious entrepreneur, business & lifestyle coach, teacher & teacher trainer, fashion/graphic/interior designer, mother of a teenager, caring wife and powerful yoga fanatic.
Enjoy healthy vegan and vegetarian meals three times a day. Food is fresh, sumptuous and made up of local produce. All vegetables are organic and sourced from the best of what Ithaca and neighbouring Kefalonia has to offer. Plentiful, home-cooked menus blend traditional Greek cuisine with a contemporary style. Special dietary requirements can be catered for and fish can be served on request.
Details & pricing
- 8 days/7 nights luxury accommodation at Itha 108 (July 7th-14th 2018)
- Retreat investment starts at €1050 pp (shared double or twin yurt with shared bathroom) up to €1735 pp (single occupancy in Stone House Studio)
- Non refundable deposit upon booking 50%
- Further payment and cancellation policy can be found under terms and conditions in our brochure.
- 7 nights accommodation at Itha 108
- airport transfer from and to Kefalonia airport by bus/taxi, sea taxi, ferry
- tea and dinner on day 1
- breakfast, lunch, and dinner on day 2-7
- breakfast on day 8
- Various hot and cold drinks/water/fruit/nuts/cakes/biscuits
- 6 pranayama (breathing exercise) sessions
- 6 Ashtanga yoga classes
- 6 yin yoga classes
- 2 fun beach yoga sessions
- Use of yoga mats, blocks, belts, bolsters and blankets
- Use of beach towels
- Infused olive soap, Basil, Lavender, Sage
- Calendula face balm
- Internet high speed
- All taxes
What’s not included:
- Transfer to and from the retreat location outside the group
- Travel and cancellation Insurance
- Water bottles
- Soft fizzy drinks
- Vegetable juices for detoxing
- Any activities, massages, car, bike, watersport equipment rental